A few weeks ago we strolled into Qurum Park fiercely equipped with outfits, pink helium balloons, a pair of baby shoes and bags of curiosity. We were ready for our maternity photoshoot. Our photographer Aseya took the lead and quickly showed us the spot where we would start shooting. It was about 3pm, a cool breeze swept through the trees and the warm November sun was just right. There wasn’t a single moment of hesitation or awkwardness, we went straight into it. It’s amazing how simple movements like getting up off the grass can take on a whole new level of difficulty when you are almost 8 months pregnant. Nevertheless it was all good fun and Aseya found a lot of locations that exerted greenery, freshness and raw nature. She advised us on the poses to take and clearly had a vision of where it was all going. We wrapped the session in just under two hours and here are the results:
We are now very proud owners of 26 images that perfectly documented this special time in our lives and captured the moment that sees us transitioning from becoming a couple to become parents to a little girl. We are thrilled.
If you are planning to document your pregnancy with the help of a professional photographer here in Muscat then I would highly recommend Anastaseya Photography.
When going in for your session make sure you:
- Plan your outfits in advance. Matching? Sexy? In harmony with the landscape? Think about this in advance.
- Bring props (baby items, flowers, balloons, ultrasound scans, soft toys…etc)
- Don’t forget to accessorize (hats, glasses, necklaces, scarves…)
- Bring a snack and beverages (my snickers bar literally saved my life)
- Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want (but trust your photographer’s advice too…)
- Don’t be fussy (it will show in pictures…)
- Try not to have your session too late (I didn’t want mine during the 9th month to avoid looking bloated and tired)
- Engage your partner and your kids in the pictures (it’s as much of a big deal for them as it is for you!)
Good luck and hope you enjoyed the photos!